Orange Cyberdefense is the expert cybersecurity business unit of the Orange Group, providing consulting, solutions and services to organizations around the globe. As Europe’s go-to security provider, we strive to protect freedom and build a safer digital society. We are looking for a Senior Security Researcher to join our team.
The OCD Security Research Centre is a specialist security research unit. We identify, track, analyse, communicate and act upon significant developments in the cyber security landscape. Our team of dedicated researchers are globally recognised and frequently showcased at international security events and in leading publications. Their skills and experience impact directly on our operations and are made accessible to our clients in various forms across our range of products and services.
Our research is widely recognized and used throughout the industry, including conferences such as Infosec, RSA Conference, BlackHat and DEFCON.
Key responsibilities as a Senior Security Researcher:
Data gathering and literature review: Conduct searches on the Internet, Dark Web and academic platforms to identify, collect, organise and summarize existing data and information of specific security-related topics.
Data Enrichment and Management: Review data collected (for example on cyber extortion, Threat Detection or Vulnerability Management) by manual and automated processes, ensure the data is clean and accurate, and perform manual research to enrich the collected data, for example with demographic information on the victims.
Data Analysis and Statistics: Use tools like MS Excel, Elastic Search, PowerBI, Metabase. Maltego and MaxQDA to generate statistics and generate charts, graphs and other visualizations.
Cybersecurity Research: On diverse themes and topics, ranging from high level academic questions to deep technical investigations.
Coding: Write simple programs and queries in languages like Python or SQL.
Machine Learning: Assist with the development, testing, training and tuning of Machine Learning models and systems.
Technical Writing: Produce written works on prescribed topics for blog posts, published reports and internal publications. Produce presentation decks on research topics.
Lectures and Presentations: To various forums, in person and online.
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- A proven track record in technical spheres of cybersecurity
- Training and skills in statistics and data analytics
- Experience in Machine Learning and related topics.
- Exposure and experience in producing academic dissertations in relevant fields
- Spoken and written language skills:
- Need to be proficient in English, French desirable.
- Solid working knowledge with real-world enterprise IT including Windows and Linux OS, IP networks, firewalls, Active Directory and the like.
- Programming Experience in Python, preferably with experience in using SciKit Learn, Gensim, and SpaCy.
Knowledge and experience in one or more of the following domains:
- OT/ICS security
- Cloud security
- Cryptocurrencies and DeFi
- Mobile Device security
- Cyber Threat Intelligence
- Vulnerability research
- Malware analysis
You should be curious, energetic, and flexible, able to move comfortably between diverse topics. Able to manage your own time and focus, and able to work alone or in a team.
By joining one of the world’s leading cyber security companies, you will be offered the following:
- An opportunity to join a forward-thinking company and a role that allows for a deeper understanding of the industry
- Competitive salary
- A supportive work environment, working alongside industry experts
- Private medical healthcare
- Health cash plan
- Company pension
- Life insurance
- Company events several times per year
- Employee discount scheme
Please send your CV now for immediate consideration.