Orange Cyberdefense is the B2B activity dedicated to cybersecurity within the Orange group.
Established in ten countries, mainly in Western Europe but also in Africa and Asia, OCD targets a diversified clientele, from the middle market, to major national accounts and multinationals. We provide multi-domain expertise and managed security services to meet all the cybersecurity needs of our customers’ unique challenges.
Within Global Operations, the IT Operations department ensures that the SOC, CyberSOC and Global CERT teams have the best IT services in all our geographies.
IT Operations systems such as Ticketing, Monitoring, customer portals, automation tools (XSOAR), Devops tools, CI/CD chains and hybrid-cloud infrastructures are essential to achieve our ambitions.
- Day-to-day management of the internal monitoring tools and applications
- 1st and 2nd line support on monitoring infrastructure incidents
- Troubleshooting and solving monitoring faults
- Creating and maintaining alerting rules
- Patch and backup management of monitoring infrastructure
- Creating work instructions and procedures
- Automate the daily work where possible
Supervisory requirements of the role
You directly report to the Monitoring Services Team Leader and work closely with the other IT teams managers in charge of other major services, of our best-in-class infrastructure and platform or of our operations.
Information Security Responsibilities
In line with all roles at Orange Cyberdefense, this role must comply with the Information Security policies and procedures in place at the time, as specified in the Orange Cyberdefense Information Security Management System.
Skills, Experience, Qualifications & Attributes
- Passion! An IT engineer deep interests, who is intrigued in going the extra mile to achieve better ways of working.
- University degree in an IT oriented field or equivalent by experience
- Having following skills :
- Knowledge of networking and security concepts
- Having a good administrative skills
- Being accurate and secure in the work performed
- Basic LINUX knowledge
- Basic scripting or programming skills is a plus
- Knowledge or interested in network/SIEM monitoring tools in general, having the understanding of monitoring through SNMP or through API.
- Ready to accept the technical challenge to monitor leading-edge and high-tech enterprise networks and security infrastructure
- Good administrative skills with a strong eye for detail
- Fluency in English