Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, Sweden, France, Norway or Denmark
- Be part of an innovative, international player with experts around the globe.
- Contribute to a safer, digital society.
- A fulfilling and dynamic environment where knowledge transfer is crucial and sense of effort is recognized.
- Guarantee process execution, quality of service, and customer satisfaction.
- You will be part of building a key department in full development, central to automating and maintaining business services to help Orange Cyberdefense provide a high level of services and excellence to our customers.
Working as an Automation DevOps Engineer
As an Automation DevOps Engineer, you will be part of our End-to-End Optimization Lab. Within the “Global Infrastructures and Shares Services” department, you will contribute to the delivery of services to customers by analyzing manual processes, optimizing them and with the help of state-of-the-art automation and orchestration platforms automate them so that the service delivery departments can focus on the important stuff.
This role will place you right in the middle of an international, growing company in one of the fastest moving industries. But also in a department with highly motivated and skilled experts that every day wrap their head around “How to make the life of our Engineers and Analysts easier and more interesting”.
- You will perform process analysis, process optimization and developing solutions by writing playbooks and automations to fully automate those processes.
- You will work with industry leading products like Palo Alto Networks Cortex XSOAR, Ansible AWX and others. Also, sometimes simple scripts might do the job, so experience and skills in Python and similar languages is not only a welcomed add-on.
- As this is a DevOps role, administration and maintenance of our platforms will be one of your key responsibilities. This also includes on-call duty for the systems that need to be available 24x7.
- You will be part of an international organization, working with colleagues across the globe, including Belgium, The Netherlands, France, Germany, Sweden, UK, and more.
- Be part of our End-to-End Optimization Lab which is responsible for process optimization and automation in the “Global Infrastructures and Shares Services” department.
- Take ownership of our platforms and operate them with best practices and based on industry standards.
- Take over on-call duty for our 24x7 systems
- Analyze, optimize and automate with the help of playbooks, automations, scripts, …
- Work closely together with our Continuous Improvement Team to find the right solutions for enhancement requests coming from the business
- Work closely together with our other DevOps departments to make sure that our developments are aligned and fit into our Platforms, Tools and Infrastructure landscape
- Build up an extensive knowledge of the environments and services maintained by the department.
- Ensure standardization and documentation of the workload.
- Automate the daily work where possible. Share your experience and transfer operational knowledge to DevOps teams, contributing with them to bring those improvements to fruition.
- Become part of the DevOps culture, opening up a career path for the future.
To be successful in this role
- Educated to degree level in an IT-oriented field or equivalent by experience.
- Excellent English language skills, both written and verbal.
- You have solid administration skills and knowledge of Linux/Unix systems.
- You have solid administration skills and knowledge of containerization (Docker).
- You have solid knowledge of programming and scripting (Python, similar).
- You have solid knowledge of configuration management (Ansible, Puppet, similar).
- You have a solid understanding of the different aspects of cyber security, the processes involved and also basic knowledge of the different tools being used there.
- You have already worked with some sort of automation tool, if not XSOAR then something similar like Splunk Phantom, Node-Red, Siemplify,...
- You hate manual tasks and always gear towards automating everything, maybe already in your home network
- Cross-cultural awareness to support both customers and team members in an international environment.
- You are able to handle standardized tasks efficiently, but also able to understand and discuss complex requests and issue reports with customers directly.
- The right mindset to deliver results efficiently and qualitatively.
- You have a strong interest in next-generation technologies.
- You are interested in the wonderful and ever-changing world of Cybersecurity.
What you can expect from us
With amazing European anchorage, we are able to allow this position to be covered from several countries in Europe. Thus, the below will depend on your location, but to give you an idea;
- An attractive salary
- 32 vacation days
- Meal vouchers and eco-cheques
- Hospitalization and group insurance
- Company car and fuel card
- Mostly remote, with some meetings at the office from time to time.
- A laptop, a smartphone with subscription, sport activities, team building's, after work drink at Friday, …
- A wide range of training, learning opportunities and career opportunities.